Project Manager - Senior Technology
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What will you be doing:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of project implementation from initiation through to closure
- Manages project initiation activities including identifying project resources, contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation and gaps.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure timely project completion, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards.
- Proactively manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals such as deadline, scope, budget and quality are achieved.
- Interacts with sales, solutioning and architecture, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams to deliver client solutions.
- Manages stakeholders through effective communication on project plans, progress, expectations, risks, assumptions and dependencies in a timely manner throughout the entire project cycle,
- Manages changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using change management procedure
- Understands and manages user expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Reviews, manages and approves timesheets, travel requests and expese reports for project team members and provide support for client invoicing.
- Ensures smooth transitioning of project deliverables to support team.
- Adheres to FIS quality standards and follows internal policies and methodology to deliver projects
- Achieve high level of customer satisfaction while meeting external and internal project objectives.
- Manages customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Works on client sites (when necessary) which may require local and international travel
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- 7 years and up experience in managing technology projects
- Experience in financial and banking system implementation is a plus
- Experience in vendor project implementation is a plus
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, e.g., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Waterfall vs Agile Methodology, etc
- Understanding of practical application of project management methodologies
- University or College degree in relevant field and PMP certification are preferred
- Experience managing both fixed fee and T&M projects
- Knowledge of financial services and leasing industry is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of project management and office software including MS Project, MS Visio and advance MS Excel.
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines.
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively across the entire organizational ladder from users to executives. Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with remote teams and managers
- Flexible in terms of work hours especially during critical part of project implementation (e.g. go live)
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, diplomacy and professional judgement
What we offer you:
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests