Head of Corporate Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally, headquartered in Hong Kong. In today’s fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. To achieve our mission, we have built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform that offers extensive coverage across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies. Our platform enables businesses operating globally to transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency without the constraints of the current global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become one of Hong Kong’s fintech unicorns and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our innovation and scale have been further recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
*This role can be based in any of our established offices around the world.
Airwallex has since grown to over 700+ employees across 12 offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $500 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Skip Capital, Grok Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. In March 2021, Airwallex closed the extension of its Series D, bringing its total Series D funding to $300 million USD and valuation to over $2.6 billion USD. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
The Head of Corporate Development will lead the company’s business and corporate development initiatives. Deal sourcing is a key component to the role. You will provide leadership in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities, strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and divestures and also manage investment relationships. You will play an influential role in driving Airwallex’s regional and global strategic growth.
- Support Airwallex’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures as well as divestitures by the company
- Lead a comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process
- Collaborate with the strategy team and other teams to keep an ongoing flow of ideas and corporate development opportunities that is aligned with each team’s objectives
- Lead cross functional teams (finance, product, legal, etc.) in assessing, developing, executing, and integrating M&A opportunities in a seamless manner
- Evaluate other strategic initiatives such as investments, joint ventures, divestitures, and strategic partnership activities
- Manage key deliverables including creating analyses, overseeing execution and identifying next steps in the process flow
- You are an experienced leader – A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies and growing a team
- You still love being hands on – Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- You are a motivated leader – highly motivated individual who that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on and delegate
- You are data driven – With solid and numerical examples when it comes to demonstrating your previous success
- You are a thought leader – who enjoys sharing your knowledge and keeping across the latest trends and insights of the digital landscape
- You are a team player – and love managing internal stakeholders as well as external partners and works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Demonstrable experience in leading high performing teams to execute all aspects of transactions including direct experience in investments and M&A negotiation, execution and integration
- 10 + years relevant experience with 4+ years in a management capacity, preferably in top-tier investment banking, investments in VCs, management consulting, or corporate development at a large global corporation or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in a related field, and MBA would be an advantage
- Understanding of what it takes to work with an early stage company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven project management capabilities
- Technology, payments, and financial services understanding and experience
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime