Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Business Development[Overview]
Mastercard Data & Services, the professional services arm of Mastercard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, platforms, information, loyalty and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Data & Services addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
The purpose of the Business Development role is to build and close needs-based business optimisation proposals for a portfolio of Clients across Mastercard’s HMTK Division.
The best fit candidate for the role will be a highly motivated, sales-focused individual, who is experienced in consultative sales roles, with deep knowledge of the payments industries in Korea. Additional knowledge in R&C, as well as the Hong Kong market, will be a plus. In addition, the successful candidate will also have skills and experience to contribute towards the delivery and quality management of business optimisation engagements.
The Business Development Role for Mastercard Data & Services is responsible for influencing networking and to drive sales process. He/She is an active team member who looks after clients largely independent and runs projects or a big piece of a very large project.
• Translate market development objectives into sales strategies for an assigned portfolio of Divisional Key Client accounts
• Perform comprehensive analysis to establish deep understanding of Client needs and potential solutions to identify the most critical aspects of a problem
• Identify new business opportunities with key clients and communicate to executives to pursue
• Build relationship network with internal and external stakeholders, influencers, sponsors and decision-makers to enable relevant support is aligned with core business objectives
• Manage the sales cycle and related processes from client needs identification through contractual development and execution incl. writing well-structured and persuasive proposals
• Develop sales-support materials (i.e. presentations, business cases etc) that articulate the compelling nature of Mastercard Data & Services services qualitatively and quantitatively to address client challenges
• Ensure engagement quality, leading post-implementation review activities and follow-on opportunity identification
• Apply business acumen to identify proactively new business opportunities and support corporate initiatives to combine multiple product offerings to serve client needs more broadly
• Manage and/or Contribute to project delivery efforts utilising core consultancy skills and industry knowledge (e.g. perform Project Management or subject matter expertise input responsibilities as appropriate)
• Participate in recruiting, training and developing others
• Create intellectual capital (e.g. white papers on specialist industry topics) to increase the value proposition of Mastercard Data & Services solutions
[All About You]
• 7+ years consulting and/or service and solution sales experience from a top-rated consulting firm and/or leading financial services provider, with payments/card expertise and experience helping financial institutions and interacting at the leadership level
• Other required personal attributes include:
o Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/influencing skills in Korean and English
o Ability to work as team member or independently who can multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Primary work location(s): Seoul, Korea
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities