This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
As one of the first members of the Malaysia team, you will play a central role in building a strong foundation for the Malaysia operations – from adapting our go-to-market strategy to the local market to setting up the administrative backbone to supporting our regulatory licensing activities. Your secondary responsibility is acting as the local strategist for SEA market expansion. The role is ideal for someone who truly enjoys wearing multiple hats, isn’t afraid of ambiguity or constant change, and thrives on taking action and delivering results.
What you will do
- Develop and deliver overall Malaysia country strategy, including team setup, product offering, go-to-market, operational setup, local partnerships and assist with future regulatory & licensing, etc.
- Drive local growth and business development efforts through:
- Market screen / lead generation / opportunity qualification
- Liaison and partnership building with other local financial institutions, e.g. regional banks, other fintech players
- Pitch meeting / client communications
- Pitch / solution materials generation
- Client relationship maintenance
- Industry network development and insight generation
- Closely liaise with Airwallex Headquarters in implementing country strategies; track progress and team performances to report to the Headquarter on a periodical basis
- Establish and grow the local team by overseeing recruitment, hiring, training, and maintenance of the local staff; drive team morale and form a coherent team culture
- You will also play an integral part in Airwallex’s SEA expansion through market studies, relationship building, and strategy development for each unique market.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, other banking (e.g. trading) or venture capital with significant exposure to payments, fintech, financial services or banking ; functional experience in management, strategy, or business development.
- 5+ years of experience working in Malaysia.
- Experiences in a leadership position with direct reports and/or responsibility over P/L, proven experience in managing complex projects or teams.
- Experience in enterprise-grade business development and sales and delivering sales KPI/OKR a plus.
- Experience as a country office manager, or in market entry and growth strategy formation is a plus.
- Fluent in both Malay and English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime