Regulatory Compliance Manager - Singapore
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Regulatory Compliance is a key team that ensures Revolut’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements, then translate this into good customer outcomes. Regulatory Compliance also facilitates open and transparent relationships with our regulators.
The Regulatory Compliance team brings Revolut’s commitment to improving all aspects of finance to risk management. We are far more data-led than similar functions within other companies; our team has both a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and also the ability to find solutions and carry out testing in a purely digital environment. Join a team that knows that better people and machines are the most effective way of managing conduct risk.
WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our expanding Compliance team in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the successful candidate will take a leading role in regulatory compliance.
You will take a consultative approach and work closely with all of our teams to implement and manage Revolut’s regulatory architecture and compliance programme. You’ll be expected to setup and own our regulatory and compliance team, to drive change and ensure we continually aim to mitigate compliance risk.
The regulatory compliance team is at the forefront of Revolut’s expansion, responsible for ensuring that Revolut adopts, implements and maintains an innovative and appropriate process and necessary controls.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will be responsible for the culture of compliance. You’ll be expected to setup and own our regulatory and compliance committee and drive change throughout Revolut. Some of the main elements of the role will involve;
• Setting the tone and compliance culture at Revolut Singapore
• Surveying and interpreting our regulatory and broader risk landscape
• Being the ultimate point of escalation for regulatory issues and the key owner of our approach to upcoming new regulations
• Working with the different functions across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme
• Managing our regulatory licence applications
• Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of our regulatory architecture
• Constantly driving for improvement in efficiency and risk management
• Championing and driving adoption of industry standard certifications, where appropriate
We’re looking for someone with experience in a regulated financial institution, or other corporate, and who is passionate about moving to a fast-paced fintech unicorn. You will be driven and able to work independently, while taking a consultative approach in an area that can be seen as inhibitive to business.
WHAT SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
• You can say how new regulations coming into play will impact the business’ products and expansion plans
• You have experience in drafting, implementing and rolling out compliance plans, frameworks and policies across a company or department
• Your risk radar is finely tuned and you work tirelessly to mitigate them
• Your communication skills are first class, and you are able to distil complex and cumbersome regulation into plain English
• You are easy to work with, and want to work in a fun, fast-growing but demanding young company
• You’ve operated in an environment with multiple regulators having different reporting requirements
• You’ve built a compliance function from the ground up in the past
• You’ve managed multiple payment licences across multiple geographies
• You have knowledge of MAS requirements and other regulations
• Highly respected, internationally experienced legal background from renowned technology organisations and legal practices.
• You will bring vital depth from operating at scale much larger than our current state
• A rich history managing highly competitive landscapes and ecosystems in modern, technology oriented organisations including challenging partnerships and collaborations
• Led and overcome significant regulatory and compliance challenges
• Deep knowledge of local financial services regulations
• Accomplished business executive and strategic leader, having managed significant corporate initiatives
• A capable and respected manager of teams with a thorough understanding of more general organisational structure.
• Particularly strong empathy with subject matter and topics the team are concerned with
A LITTLE ABOUT US
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 12 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community forward thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Free Revolut Metal Subscription
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get more from your money