Global Channel Ops: Data Excellence Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Enable marketing to design customer centric, value driven programs maximizing the data capabilities. Be the conduit between marketing, global ops & marketing technology team to empower PayPal to always be able to execute scalable, best in class, industry leading marketing campaignsJob Description:
Key Responsibilities :
- Data Capability SME: Solid understanding of full extent of current marketing tech stack capabilities. Designing program frameworks that would enable DataOps to quickly scale programs globally. Should maintain ongoing hands on experience in building programs of various complexity across the spectrum to ensure a first hand experience of capability strengths & gaps.
- Program Consultation: Customer driven mindset to provide program orchestration services to program owners to design and operationalize best in class, always on programs utilizing current capabilities. Consultation approach will be outcome driven, with a focus on providing marketers with solutions, and moving away from reliance on marketers needing to define how ops should deliver campaigns (e.g. Adhoc to Always-on campaigns).
- Data Innovation: Working with Marketing keeping a pulse on future direction and being able to work with Marketing Technology Team - Data, Compliance, & Channels / Measurement pods as a Feature Owner to drive continuous improvements to our marketing capabilities such as real time, signal based marketing, centralized decisioning through Synapse, increasing campaign channels etc. Using first hand insights and challenges from day to day interactions with Marketing & Operations to recommend, test, qualify and scale high impact capabilities into operations.
- Omnichannel Strategy: Influencing omnichannel capability development with Marketing Technology teams to define and drive future state capability for marketing. Take ownership of driving adoption of new omni channel capabilities by Marketing teams, identifying roll out plans, early use cases and champion teams in Marketing to drive successful outcomes. Ability to drive synergies across all channel ops teams so there is a cohesive effort, action & outcome to our marketing stakeholders.
- Think Big, Start Small: Agile mind-set, driving quick incremental wins with Marketing to ensure the PayPal marketing organisation is continuously advancing with small but meaningful enhancements, driving towards the north star.
- Drive Jupyter Notebooks enhancements to improve efficiency and reduce errors in campaign build
- Establish campaign design frameworks with Marketing to improve upstream quality of campaign design & briefing, and quick scale of programs
- Drive Marketing Customer NPS
- Drives Marketing adoption & campaign operationalization of our contact & campaign decisioning platform (Synapse) by Marketing teams globally.
- Supporting Marketing Technology Team in identifying use cases to support new capabilities such as signal based marketing, analytical driven “programs” or real time data consumption for triggers and driving experimentation of new capability with selected marketing campaigns.
- Breadth Type: Medium - Good knowledge of Omni channel Digital and Non Digital Marketing & Marketing Analytics
- Depth Type: Deep - Hands on knowledge of Data & Marketing Automation platforms, Python, and Google Cloud Data Analytics
Education & Experience required:
- Marketing or Management Degree with Technology certifications
- Multiple year hands on experience in analytics, data querying, manipulation or reporting & insights
- Hands on experience in batch and real-time event processing and in creating ETL pipelines with Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc. Bonus if able to create workflows on GCP using BigQuery and BigTable
- Multiple year hands on campaign build & execution experience with performance marketing background.
- Agile Stakeholder and Team management, Communication and training skills in semi technical domain, Curiosity and learning mindset for Marketing technologies with focus on channel
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal