Senior Product Manager, New Markets
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia and we are in a period of hyper growth. We are expanding rapidly in new markets like the US (Quadpay), UK and New Zealand, with interests in South Africa, Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
Central to our goal is the New Markets team, who are fueling the next phase of 10x growth at Zip. We’re moving fast to expand our reach, leveraging our existing platform combined with intelligent acquisitions to launch businesses around the globe.
We need a superstar senior product manager to take our mission to be the first payment choice for everyone, everywhere and everyday, and make it happen for markets in South East Asia.
This is a unique opportunity that balances startup and scaleup. We have a team on the ground in Singapore engaging with merchants and consumers to understand their needs, now it’s time for a product expert to take our proposition to the next level.
We need you to leverage our global payments platform and expertise, combine it with your digital product development and delivery skills, commercial nous and entrepreneurial flair, and design and launch a market-leading consumer payments experience that wows customers and partners - making Zip the market leader, and growing your career at the same time.
Your role will be pivotal and will touch all areas - from design and engineering, customer research and partnership development, to commercial and regulatory - prioritising the roadmap whilst driving the app and broader customer experience forward to production and launch.
Your curiosity to learn from adjacent business models and global product leaders to support innovative and customer anticipated experiences is vital to continuous evolution of the Zip’s services.
Once in-market, you’ll then drive engagement, usage and growth, and be in pole position to build a team around you. The opportunities are truly endless!
To help us level up, you’ll need to bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in product management roles, within technology, fintech or start-up companies
- Knowledge of the payments landscape in ASEAN (specific acquiring knowledge is a big plus)
- Strong leadership skills (experience as a line manager is not required,
- Passion for delivering great customer-focused digital experiences
- Good knowledge of modern agile approaches, lean startup, scrum and kanban
- Experience partnering with engineers to define excellent stories, facilitate accurate story point estimation, and clear acceptance criteria
- Ability to smoothly switch between strategy and detail, and work through ambiguity to deliver outcomes
- Comfort using data and analytics to understand demand, optimise conversion and drive engagement and repeat usage
- Ability to understand regulatory, legal and compliance requirements and elegantly build them through the product construct and experience
- Understand the importance of the customer conversion funnel and balancing frictionless experiences with Zip’s responsible approach to credit
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The drive, determination and resilience to quickly work through ambiguity to an outcome
- Confidence in your own abilities, yet humble enough to admit when you’re wrong
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to move with a sense of urgency, sensitivity to give people space to offer suggestions
- A love of autonomy as well as close team-working
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice for everyone, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company