Community Operations Lead, Customer Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Customer Experience Lead, you’ll join a high functioning team of passionate support professionals who know their performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. At Coinbase we have a high hiring bar and we’re determined to create a productive, progressive, inclusive place to work. If you’re looking to work for a mission driven, employee first organization, please apply today.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Community Operations escalations and incident management program by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving Coinbase customer issues across multiple social channels.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Customer Experience organization in high touch escalations and platform incidents. You should be able to gauge customer impact and guide decisions with Product Managers, engineers, Legal, and other stakeholders with users in mind.
- Occasionally interact with Coinbase customers in public support channels, such as Twitter. Make recommendations for expansion of Coinbase’s Social Media presence in Japan.
- Represent the voice of our customer in proactively driving impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by succinctly relaying customer feedback in escalations to internal support teams.
- Maintain an investigative mindset to help address critical customer issues while keeping in mind next-issue avoidance and building operational processes to develop and maintain our program at scale.
- Build and manage the Coinbase user community in Japan.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Capable of working with autonomy and influence leadership to define the scope of work.
- Undeterred by deadends and problems with no clear answer. Willing to roll up sleeves and investigate undefined and complicated customer facing problems.
- Experience building CX processes that scale with a growing organization.
- An eye for identifying systemic issues and working with partners to define root cause.
- Experience with CRM tooling, such as Salesforce.
- Comfortable responding to high level internal stakeholders, such as executives and board members
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end platform incident management.
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in incident management and/or customer support.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast-paced organization.
- Curiosity to chase problems to root cause and rollup sleeves to investigate the unknown/unusual.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English and Japanese (JLPT N1 or equivalent)
Nice to haves
- Experience with compliance, banking, payments, fraud, account access, trust and safety, or other relevant operational domains.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud, LivePerson, Sprinklr
- Experience working with and partnering with external outsource business partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio