Business Development Manager (various levels)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy and we want you to help us reach this goal! We want to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are looking to challenge the traditional e-commerce industry and become the world's smooothest shopping partner for merchants and customers alike!
What you will do
We are looking to grow our Partner Success team in Tokyo and are looking for new colleagues to join us. As part of our Partner Success team, you will work in a dynamic environment to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy by engaging with our partners, developing our existing accounts or breaking new ground and gaining more market shares and new business opportunities.
Your tasks may include:
- Building and executing joint agreed business plans with partners or merchants to drive mutual growth and success.
- Working closely with internal analysts, delivery and marketing teams at Klarna to drive enablement and lead generation activities.
- Identifying new partnerships or business opportunities, pitch Klarna’s services and close deals
- Building great relationships both on an executive, as well as on an individual level.
- Playing an important role in taking Klarna to the next level
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new business
- An entrepreneurial individual with a “can-do” mindset
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, take calculated risks
- A Detailed Thinker - Passionate and open-minded while meticulous about data and details
- Results-oriented - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- A challenger- Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; their success is our key mission
You should have:
- 5+ years of relevant sales, partner or business development experience within E-commerce or digital marketing & payments
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields.
- Great presentation and communications skills.
- Fluency in written English and Japanese
Your personality, motivation and competitive spirit is what matters most. If you have a winner-mentality, a desire to learn new things to drive great customer, and partner experiences, we would like to talk to you. MBA or other applicable graduate degree is also beneficial.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.