Strategy Analyst, Financial Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia and we are in a period of hyper growth. We are expanding rapidly in new markets like the US (Quadpay), UK and New Zealand, with interests in Europe, South Africa, Middle East and Asia.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
The new Financial Services team is central to this goal - we’re building new products and features that serve the wants and needs of consumers, whilst continuing to drive Zip’s growth in Australia and around the world.
As the Strategy Analyst in the Financial Services team, you work closely with the Senior Director, and will support the development and delivery of new financial services products - proving out opportunities for growth, and helping our Product and Engineering teams bring them to life, then track the performance of them as they scale.
This is a broad and responsible role: a typical day might see you perform detailed analysis on competitors, Zip’s operating environment and new opportunities; create a deck to share your research, frame the story, and offer recommendations; and present this analysis with cross-functional stakeholders and executives.
We’ll rely on you to run qualitative & quantitative analysis to inform decision-making on new partnership and product opportunities, business cases, investment decisions and internal initiatives, using your financial modelling skills to help us make the right call on what to do next.
You’ll also be responsible for research and data analysis, insight development, experimentation and pilot evaluation, and work with diverse teams across Zip to resolve roadblocks and drive decisions on Financial Services products, and ultimately play a key role in shaping strategic business decisions.
To help us level up, you’ll need to bring:
- 1-3 years experience as an analyst in a global management consultancy, boutique strategy consultancy, or as a graduate in high-calibre corporate strategy team
- Proven structured problem-solving skills
- Expertise in developing a clear compelling story and slide deck, leveraging data, market research and independent analysis
- Ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of data and information, then develop insights and recommendations
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets to model the financial and non-financial implications of business decisions
- Excellent time management and ability to deliver on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to engage and work effectively with cross-functional and senior stakeholders
- A Finance, Economics or Commerce undergraduate degree is desirable
- Passion for payments and technology
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.