Software QA Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Cavion Development Manager, creates and executes product test plans to ensure software products meet design specifications and product quality standards. Assists Development team with process improvements to improve product quality.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a QA test Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create test cases from product specifications.
- Executes test plans and test cases and compiles results.
- Sets up and maintains personal testing environments. May set up team testing environments.
- Assist in the review of software development processes to improve product quality.
- Tracks defects from detection to resolution and works with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
- Communicates with stakeholders on product issues.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of existing products, operations or systems.
- Reviews product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provides support to stakeholders prior to GA release of software.
- Create and/or run automation scripts to validate test results.
- Design, develop, and maintain test scripts to be automated.
- Provide testing effort estimates.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in software testing.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development lifecycle.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
- Ability to work with specialized software tools.
- Ability to execute test plans and test scripts for commercial software applications, document expected results vs. actual results, and record software defects.
- Knowledge of automated testing software tools with ability to design and develop automated testing programs. Robot Framework and Appium preferred.
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology. SAFe methodologies preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance is open