Web Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We’re looking for a Web engineer to help design and build web applications for PayPal.
At PayPal, we work together as small, collaborative teams. We’re passionate about code quality and we’re constantly finding new ways to perfect our processes and product.
You will be a member of the Engineering team and will be working on products that are directly linked to PayPal’s vision of having a billion active users.
We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers’ problems. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published at on a weekly basis.
Convert ideas, designs and requirements to build web applications following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation.
Works with product, project, and engineering teams to deliver products on schedule that solve our customers’ problems
Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application.
Perform detailed analysis and technical designs, create technical documents and be active participate in design reviews.
Code, test, integrate, document and release software adhering to technical and quality standards
Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team Job Description:
Required Technical Skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing Node.js applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Proficient in Git and familiarity with continuous integration.
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building GraphQL APIs using Node.js
- Java back-end, Android or iOS development
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal