This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Checkout.com's Finance department is looking for a hands-on professional who can provide experienced support to the Payments Team Manager, having a proven track record of working with minimal day to day supervision.
The successful candidate will need to be an independent, high achieving individual, able to stand out in an ambitious environment. This role is an excellent opportunity to further improve existing knowledge and skills around payments and operational finance within a team with wide ranging responsibilities!
What you will be doing:
- Merchant pay-outs to bank reconciliation
- Processing of Merchant Payments on various regional banking platforms Inc JPM
- Merchant statement creation, review and distribution
- Supervise and reconcile transactions and payment volumes across all our systems daily
- Input and review outgoing Merchant payments
- Assistance with daily treasury management
- Dealing with merchant payment queries and investigations
- Review processing data and analysis
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Participation in ongoing projects around development of back office systems
- Reviewing processes and procedures
- Collaborating closely with 3rd party providers (eg. Banks)
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve queries with our customers in mind
- Assisting the rest of the team as required
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- In-depth understanding of transactional payment processes
- Ability to handle several tasks with tight delivery schedules and prioritise accordingly
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time leadership skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Proven experience of working within the financial services industry
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel (Highly desirable)
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive demeanour towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
- Most importantly, a standout colleague - someone fully committed to their team and who takes pride in their work, both independently and as a collective.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Adapt, innovate and thrive with more value from every transaction flowing through your business.