Compliance Operations Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Risk & Financial Crimes Operations team is looking for an experienced Compliance Operations Analyst to join an industry leading global Compliance Operations team that oversees our Identity, Onboarding, and Partner Compliance operations program. As a Compliance Analyst, you will execute operational processes and scale programs required to comply with financial partner and regulatory requirements, including those of card networks and global financial institutions while devising growth friendly solutions that reduce Stripes overall risk exposure.
Did you know that only around 4% of the world’s GDP comes from internet commerce? At Stripe, we believe that this represents a future with almost limitless potential for innovation, creativity and global prosperity. While the promise of a global online economy is palpable, it doesn’t come without significant risk. Billions of dollars are processed by Stripe each year and the Compliance Operations team works to ensure that exposure is minimised while facilitating partner and company growth.
We are looking for someone passionate about compliance, the payments ecosystem, educating other Stripes in a complex area of risk, naturally curious and has a strong desire to challenge the status quo. This person will work alongside a global team of analysts and build cross functional partnerships with Risk Partnerships & Strategy, Legal, Engineering, Sales, Treasury, Vendor management and more. The right candidate for this role should have an understanding of card network rules, anti-money laundering (AML) requirements, including Know Your Customer (KYC) and Payments Card Industry (PCI) compliance. Successful candidates for the role will have a minimum of two years experience in Compliance Operations within the payments, fintech, or financial service spaces.
- Work with merchants, from successful venture-backed startups to well established institutions.
- Investigate and action/triage escalations across multiple channels, while providing accurate and timely responses.
- Own various operational processes that the team performs such as processing Levies, Liens and Garnishees, handling urgent risk-related escalations from internals or Financial Partners and producing ongoing cyclical external reporting, whilst upholding a strong commitment to process excellence and clear documentation.
- Identify root causes, trends and provide the wider risk team with actionable intelligence.
- Utilize analytics to optimize strategies which can be enforced across Stripes portfolio.
- Maintain regular communication with our cross-functional stakeholders, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary.
- Assist with the coordination of regulatory exams, financial partner audits, or internal business unit assessments.
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Compliance Operations team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a solid understanding of card network rules, anti-money laundering (AML) requirements, including identity and onboarding requirements and Payments Card Industry (PCI) compliance.
- Deep empathy for entrepreneurs running a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them.
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools.
- The ability and desire to challenge the status quo and work in a deeply ambiguous space.
- The ability to think creatively and considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.