Business Development Manager, New Verticals
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpays new Business Development Manager, you'll be joining a high-calibre team focused on new Mid-Market and Enterprise merchant acquisition across traditional retail and new vertical categories such as but not limited to Telecommunications, Utilities, Hospitality and Insurance. We're looking for a proven salesperson with a strong existing network in Retail and across ASX listed companies at an executive level as this role will be key in expanding Afterpay into these new and exciting verticals.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Lead the development and implementation of new retail and new vertical category merchants
- Work closely with the Director, Acquisition to identify and document new opportunity and target lists
- Manage end-to-end sales cycle opportunities from lead generation through to closing the deal
- Manage a holistic pipeline with a laser focus and attention to detail
- Drive internal and external stakeholder relationships to achieve agreed business outcomes
- Help shape the future of Afterpay by constantly raising the bar and doing the right thing
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Your strong understanding of eCommerce concepts and the holistic retail and partner ecosystem will be well regarded
- You have a strong track record in eCommerce sales and experience selling across multiple territories with complex structures
- Your understanding of holistic online and instore payment concepts, pricing and functionality and recurring billing will be tested
- You have strong emotional intelligence and a passionate and professional demeanour
- You have a data-focused view with naturally strong attention to detail
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.