Technical Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The PayPal Security and Technology Assurance Team is a specialized team within the Second Line of Defense Technology and Information Security Oversight organization.
Team members highlight their value/merit/importance to the business by showcasing a variety of security practitioner, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), enterprise infrastructure, and coding/development skills to provide data-driven oversight.
You will be working with the latest and greatest PayPal products, which means working on the latest technologies. Many projects you will be working on can be of highly sensitive nature which means trust, honesty and integrity are core to the team and its members.
If you are a dynamic, motivated security professional with a passion for security and technology, looking to get your career to new heights, and want to work with some of the greatest minds in the field of Information Security and Technology, then you would be a perfect candidate to join our team.Job Description:
PayPal is a leading technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of merchants and consumers worldwide. We operate a global, two-sided network at scale that connects merchants and consumers with 377 million active accounts across more than 200 markets.
PayPal is committed to democratizing financial services to improve the financial health of individuals and families and to increase economic opportunity for entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes around the world. Our goal is to enable our merchants and consumers to manage and move their money anywhere in the world, anytime, on any platform, and using any device when sending payments, paying or getting paid. We also facilitate person-to-person (“P2P”) payments through our PayPal, Venmo, and Xoom products and services and simplify and personalize shopping experiences for our consumers through our Honey Platform.
- Collaborate with first line of defense to review test results and opportunities for both control, policy, and program improvement.
- Support data-driven reviews focused on technology, cyber security risks.
- Proven ability to develop automation to supporting testing requirements.
- Provide thought leadership to drive improvements to overall technology and security programs.
- Work in collaboration with internal audit, corporate compliance, risk management and various technical teams in the design and implementation of controls self-assessments, risk assessment and regulatory compliance practices for IT.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported control defects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in performing reviews and tests of IT internal controls to ensure teams are operating adequate controls.
- Assist in company-wide security initiatives
- At least 7 years’ experience in a security or technology engineering/SRE role.
- Proven experience working in highly available, large scale financial services infrastructure.
- Ability to use thought leadership to identify opportunities and drive solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Skilled leading both process and service improvements.
- At least 10 years managing cross-organizational stakeholders.
- Possess either of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH,or GIAC.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of having excellent analytical skills and being results-oriented
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Confident presenting technical content to c-level executives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college (Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related disciplines preferred). Preferably a Masters.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal