Head of Technical Operations, APAC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
APAC is the largest and fastest growing economic region in the world. The Stripe APAC team is responsible for extending the reach of the GPTN (Global Payment and Treasury Network) and Stripe’s products across the region as we help APAC businesses grow and global businesses access APAC markets. APAC Technical Operations helps with the technical components of moving money into and out of Stripe on behalf of our users and their customers. This function will sit at the intersection of engineers and APAC financial partners, connecting them to ensure that everyone thrives and nothing is lost in translation. We work closely with Payments engineering teams where we coordinate the day-to-day technical operations and communications necessary to accept funds through the supported payment networks and subsequently pay it out to our users. With these teams, we troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems with the integrations, operationalize manual tasks as integrations come out of beta, ensure mandatory, scheduled reporting is frictionless at scale, and return the knowledge and tools developed along the way back to the rest of Stripe. We are looking for an experienced leader to help us lead and grow our technical operations teams in APAC.
- Recruit great people, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop technical operations team in APAC, helping team members advance in their careers
- Empower the technical operations team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s management team
- Lead the team to engage in technical relationships with nearly every APAC financial partner Stripe currently or possibly integrates with
- Lead the team to identify and automate manual processes and blockers between Stripe and our Financial Partners
- Prioritize tactical, technical asks from partners
- Lead the team to debug, scope and escalate technical issues and investigations with partners and ensure they follow through on any required remediations or improvements
- Be an organizational expert and ensure technical asks from partners are routed to the appropriate team or individual to ensure they are answered sufficiently
- Ensure asks from internal Stripes are routed to the appropriate teams or individual to ensure they are answered sufficiently
- Provide engineering teams with guidance on prioritization of deliverables across partners
- Coordinate or participate in cross-team projects related to financial operations, particularly ones that cross the internal-external boundary, and require a high degree of technical expertise
You may be a good fit if
- Have 10+ years experience in engineering/operations role
- Have worked in payments previously and are familiar with the different partners
- You have strong capability in coordinating projects across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable coming up with frameworks which help others scale (i.e. docs)
- Have demonstrated great project management skills and are highly self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills, particularly with both technical and non-technical individuals
- You have a track record of leading productive teams
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You’re excited to help your teammates develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You’re technical enough to ask good questions about architecture and product decisions
- You’re an experienced people manager who has mentored other leaders
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.