This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer with Tyro Payments, you will be working within our Technology team to further drive the DevOps culture and capability within the organisation. Your goal will be the deployment, management and configuration of servers and Micro-services deployed using pipelines as code in AWS, whilst keeping a focused eye on costs and security. Your belief and dedication to an 'infrastructure as code' approach in managing the journey to on-board teams to AWS easily and efficiently will be invaluable.
What you'll do:
- Build secure, scalable, fault-tolerant, cost-effective and highly available architecture
- Automate builds and deployments of artefacts using pipelines as code
- Manage AWS services such as ECS, ECR, EKS, Aurora RDS, S3, KMS, ACM, SQS, SNS, Lambda etc.
- Maintain infrastructure as code and pipelines as code using Hashicorp Terraform, Golang and Buildkite
- Advocate for automation across all solutions and make solutions repeatable and maintainable
- Work effectively within the development team and also with the platform teams
- Educate teams and promote a DevOps culture within Tyro
- Contribute to the platform with feature enhancements
- Make pragmatic decisions while taking the team towards a more mature level of DevOps and cloud adoption
- Strong experience with AWS
- Understanding of containers within a production environment
- Experience in deployment and management of virtual machines, services and networking
- An 'infrastructure as code' approach for managing infrastructure
- Configuration Management, CI and CD experience
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of OS level concerns – building, patching, logging, monitoring, maintenance
- Experience working in Linux and comfortable working in a command line driven environment.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking