Senior C++ Developer - Product Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
About the Team
This role sits within a team that focus on the back-office transaction management component of the FIS Enterprise Payments platform.
You will be customer facing and working collaboratively with various development and project teams both local and offshore to deliver projects changes, professional services and support for our product customers.
Your ability and willingness to learn a new product and its platforms and work with it is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing application software development/ technical support services in a project environment
- Developing program logic for new applications or analysing and modifying logic in existing applications
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented
- Analyses requirements and translates business requirements into product designs
- Writing technical specifications and other forms of documentation
What You Bring
- Technical skills and abilities:
- Database knowledge: SQL, Oracle
- Platforms: Windows, Linux
- Tools: Jira & Visual Studio
- Solid knowledge in application development and associated methodologies
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
Added Bonus If You Have
- Experience within payments technology
- Knowledge of DataNavigator and/or DataDistributor
- Technical experience in Java, REXX/Cobol, Shell and Perl scripting, CNTL-M , Oracle, Shell/Perl Scripting, JCL, TWS and TSO/ISPF
What We Offer You
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities.
- A multifaceted technical job with a high degree of responsibility and broad spectrum of opportunities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests