Senior Merchant Success Manager, Large Merchants (Remote, ANZ)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Shopify we believe in making commerce better for everyone including entrepreneurs and enterprise brands alike. We give merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to build their businesses and create economic independence. Shopify helps power commerce experiences for over 1 million companies like Culture Kings, Youfoodz, HiSmile, Decjuba, JB Hi-Fi, and many more. We are in hyper-growth, building the tools and experiences for today’s leading brands and creating a level playing field for entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
Your role as a Senior Merchant Success Manager, Large Merchants is to help some of our highest-growth, highest-volume, and most strategic merchants in APAC be successful. You will do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward.
This is a remote position available within Australia and New Zealand and will support merchants across Asia Pacific. This position will report into a APAC Merchant Success Lead.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a trusted advisor for our merchants; knowing their business, competitive landscape and championing the work and business-building ideas. You are the merchant’s main day-to-day Shopify contact
- Building strong relationships with merchants and their teams; acting as an advocate for the merchant within Shopify and as an advocate for Shopify with the merchant
- Actively listen to merchants and continually identify opportunities that enable them to better leverage the Shopify ecosystem
- Collaborating with other Shopify teams to recommend, plan, and coordinate, ensuring the merchant receive the best possible experience across Shopify
- Obtaining merchant feedback and identifying problem areas before they become major issues
- Staying abreast of your merchant’s business results, future plans, and challenges
- Keeping senior managers informed of any issues affecting the overall health and retention risk related to your merchants
- Ensuring that merchants receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive recommendations possible
- Analyzing your merchant’s business needs, identify strategic partnership opportunities, and develop strategies to ensure growth, satisfaction, and retention
- Identifying trends across your merchant base looking for common needs and interests in order to share information with Shopify Product and Support teams
- Experience managing multiple large / enterprise / fortune 500 type level companies
- Experience engaging with all levels of the organisations, from CSuite through to individual contributors
- Background in account management with a strong understanding of how to build strong relationships with merchants and stakeholders at all levels
- Proven communication skills with the ability to set expectations and manage difficult conversations
- Experience developing big picture strategy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent collaborator and problem solver
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be customer focused in all that you do
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; you’ll be working with multiple stakeholders and will need to speak their language
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results
- Experience in eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); it is a complex ecosystem with many moving parts, and you need to communicate how they fit together
- Ability and willingness to travel
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. This posting will close Monday 28 June at 5pm AEST.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business