Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. What a purpose, to be able to power the engine room of the Australian economy! We do this through enabling powerful on-platform workflows to help business owners and directors run their business and making it easy for book-keepers and accountants to do more for their clients. Critical to this strategy are our Financial Services products and services.
Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better.
You’ll be part of a Product team responsible for designing innovative, forward-thinking products that people enjoy using. Crafting new solutions that are genuinely targeted at improving the lives of our customers and disrupting market norms.
As the Senior Product Manager, Payments and Banking, you will be responsible for developing and executing the product strategy for these areas. Payments and Banking is a nascent area for MYOB with significant investment and partnerships, and requires someone who is passionate about our customer base, understands the potential for payments and banking workflow enablement, a stickler for details and not afraid to utilise their expertise in enabling creative solutions. This role includes product planning and implementation throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritising product and client requirements, defining the product strategy and working closely with development teams, analytics, marketing and external partners to ensure the success in this product line.
This role will be responsible for growing our payments products in market using a ‘test and learn’ approach to deliver value to the customer faster. You'll have the opportunity to drive product development that will build upon payment related products and services for our customers. We believe a large market exists within small, medium and enterprise businesses to use a range of payment products to drive efficiencies in their business and to improve their cashflow requirements.
You will play a key role in the design, delivery and success of our products.
The team you will be part of is passionate, fun and has a love of learning. We are embracing the challenge to transform the industry. Our customers really do drive our world.
Key objective outcomes
- Develop roadmap and market requirements across the product portfolio for the A/NZ products as required
- Work with industry and internal partners on enabling our agreed payments and banking workflows
- Engage with clients to understand market requirements
- Communicate with all stakeholders in terms of defining the product release requirements and assist the go-to-market strategy
- Serve as the internal evangelist for the respective products
- Provide context and direction to development teams implementing products
- Understand and analyse user needs through quantitative and qualitative analysis to define the product initiatives and outcomes
- Work closely with other Product Managers and UX designers to continually validate and prioritise the backlog based on customer feedback
- Engage with key people across the business, ensuring strong alignment of initiatives
- Own the day-to-day responsibility for the product development pipeline
- Track the outcome of product initiatives.
The experience that we are after
- Experience in any sector of payments or transactional banking
- Experience in managing and maintaining payments or banking industry relationships
- Demonstrated capability in defining and executing new products and programs to create solutions to support customer needs and address new business
- Demonstrated capability in developing and executing product strategy for payment solutions and capabilities, with a focus on digital experience
- Demonstrated capability leading a complex product roadmap that balances short-term opportunities with longer-term strategic activities
- Demonstrable experience managing a complex stakeholder group and leading through influence rather than authority
- Experience presenting and demonstrating products to key people across the business to ensure they understand key features and benefits
- Experience working with development teams in an agile development environment
- You are a self starter who is comfortable in working in white space and results oriented
- At least 5 years of product management or related experience with the delivery of payment solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Experience engaging with customers to validate product ideas (including usability research and idea validation).
If you want to work in an environment where collaboration is key, your opinion is valued and your ideas will make a difference, come and work at MYOB.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more