GM - Strategy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GM Strategy, WooliesX - 12 month contract
- Provide strategic thought leadership to the WooliesX leadership team
- Lead & develop a high performing strategy team
- Set and refine the 3-year strategy and evolve it quarterly
- Support the rapid growth of WooliesX to be market leading with our strategic ambition
At WooliesX, we’re here to create better everyday experiences for our customers. In the big picture, and the fine detail. In moments big and small.
WooliesX is part of the Woolworths Group. We’re an innovation business that brings together the brightest minds in e-commerce, technology, media and data to transform the way people live and shop.
We’ve worked together with our partners to create all kinds of initiatives you know and love – like Everyday Rewards, one of Australia’s most popular loyalty programs. Alongside Woolworths Supermarkets, we’ve helped make online shopping simpler and more intuitive, and were awarded #1 in customer satisfaction for online groceries by Canstar for our combined effort.
In this parental leave contract role you will be responsible for developing and orchestrating the delivery of the WooliesX Strategy. This is a critical leadership role supporting the Managing Director to set the direction for the year, plan for longer term horizons and identify OKRs by quarter. You will partner with WooliesX ExCo and across the Woolworths ecosystem to deliver strategic initiatives and ensure alignment of priorities and ambitions. The focus will be on identifying market, industry and competitive trends that impact the ongoing trajectory for WooliesX, creating a plan to continue to grow and mitigate downside risk as well as planning for in-year delivery.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who has an exceptional ability to influence as well as establish and maintain strong relationships with our senior leadership team. You will be comfortable leading a team in high growth and change situations, drawing on your structured and rigorous approach. You are driven and dynamic with a results orientation, positive work ethic and customer first, agile mindset.
- Passionate about our Customers and Woolworths Purpose
- Demonstrated experience in developing cutting edge strategic insights, and establishing and driving recommendations
- Frequent preparation for and presentation at board level, given the strategic significance of WooliesX
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Minimum 6 years experience in a top tier strategy consultancy or similar experience in a digital or e-commerce strategy environment.
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA preferred
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday