Lead UX Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Product and Technology China is looking for a Senior Product UI/UX Designer. As the lead designer for the China team, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences for merchants and consumers in China. You will collaborate with product and technology teams to build the next generation of best-in-class financial service products for China through a deep understanding of our customers and exceptional design execution. The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. This person will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of our customers and our business, and how to solve for them through design.Job Description:
· Leads UI/UX design efforts for the China product and technology team, driving discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
· Determines best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
· Is customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
· Work closely with teammates across the business from many disciplines (from product management to engineering to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions and help drive design deliverables.
· Influence product, design and engineering executives through storytelling and analytics.
· Present a broad set of potential designs for any project.
· Leverages and extends the use of established UX techniques and deliverables.
· Proposes new solutions and/or optimizes existing ones. Encourages consistency across team members and projects.
· Sets an example and creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals.
· Formally mentors minor UX designers in best practices, process and methodology.
· 8+ years experience.
· Bachelor or Master Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
· Complete UX skill set: workshop facilitation, identifying customer problem statements, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation, competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
· Proven ability to deliver high-quality results.
· Experience leading delivery, through feedback, design critique, presentation to executive leadership, planning and coordinating with partners where needed.
· Thorough knowledge of essential channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, dedicated, web and native solution design.
· Experience with resources such as product design systems, repositories, and internal communication tools.
· Solid knowledge of story and backlog management tools and resources such as JIRA
· Ability to translate design concepts into execution.
· Comfort with ambiguity with an instinct and ability for moving quickly.
· Mandarin and English fluency and ability to present and convey ideas in both languages
· Deep understanding of the Chinese payment and ecommerce ecosystem
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal