Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Engineer, Software EngineeringJob Title: Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
Job Overview :Mastercard Labs, Mastercard’s global research and development division, is looking for brilliant and passionate software engineers to join its global R&D team in Singapore.
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers within Mastercard Labs, working to build product prototypes, pilots as well as market tests.
• This is an opportunity to become part of a world class engineering team, focused on trending topics and issues globally.
• The job offers opportunities to create innovative payment/commerce solutions, experiment cutting edge technologies and develop prototype/pilot projects.
• Are you a talented software developer with a passion for technology development and innovation?
• Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies (e.g. AR/ VR, 5G, Autonomous IoT, AI, NLP, Unattended Retail, Blockchain/ Provenance)?
• Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Design, Code, Document, and Test software that meet quality objectives - Scalable, Extensible, Fault-Tolerant, Automated Unit/ Integration Tests, Test Coverage, etc.
• Must work both independently and part of Labs Team; ensuring that actions are aligned with Group / Company strategy.
• Agile practitioner – Certification in Agile/ Scrum process is an added advantage.
• Solution Oriented – Find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
• Expertise in Agile tools like JIRA/ Kanban and Confluence/ Wiki required.
• Assist defining processes and choice of development tools to be used across the group.
• Interpret technical specifications to produce detailed design that can not only cater to them but also be extensible.
• Define functional and performance test criteria for the design.
• Define, Follow and Ensure proper development procedure (Coding Guideline, Version Control Workflow, Test Guidelines, etc.) that ensure collaborative development effort that produces easily maintainable code.
• Collaborate in architectural decisions and identify best-of-breed methods / tools / API’s and assess technical fit.
• Familiarity and expertise in Agile tools like JIRA Initiatives is highly recommended.
• Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment, inputs that enable better scheduling of the sprint.
• Mentor junior software developers and ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards.
• Pass on knowledge of various technologies to other team members and to other functions.
• Willingness to work outside of core hours on an ongoing basis to ensure aggressive deadlines are met with the highest standards possible.
All About You
Skills / Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Agile Concepts and Scrum Methodologies is required.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a geographically distributed project team.
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
Key Technology Areas
• Agile software development
• Automated software testing (eg: Cucumber, Karate, Selenium, Protractor)
• Backend (API design, Microservices, Spring Boot, Reactive)
• Mobile (iOS, Android)
• Database (Postgres/ MySQL, MongoDB)
• Others (EMV technology, JavaCard, Hadoop)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities