Senior Full Stack Engineer - Wallet Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial well-being.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
As a Senior Engineer in the Wallet Experience team, you will guide and mentor a high-performing team of engineers to deliver the Engineering and Product roadmap. You'll be someone who primarily loves to code, but also enjoys contributing to (and sometimes leading) architectural discussions, and being a collaborative member of an epic team. You'll get to work with a passionate team that delivers quickly and loves to write quality, reusable code.
Your day to day:
- Develop, support, provide technical guidance to the engineering squad to reduce complexity
- Promote a high-performance culture
- Coach engineering best-practices
- Guides the team on delivering quality focused solutions
- Collaborates with the Engineering manager and Product Manager in a triad to discover and validate technical problems
- Ensure solutions can balance between long term ambitions and near term goals
- Contributes across teams to core and side projects
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Technical excellence across design principles and code quality
- Focus on operational maturity and effective delivery
- Comfortable challenging directly whilst caring personally
- Ability to coach and bring the best out of others
- Ability to balance outcomes for customers, the team and the business
- Flexibility, an open mind, curiosity and passion for learning
- Ability to jump between empathizing with a customer problem and designing an engaging solution
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
Your Skills & Experience:
- Expert level experience in Kotlin and RESTful APIs
- Solid experience with React, NextJS & Typescript
- Solid experience on SQL and NoSQL storage solutions
- Experience on AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice and event-based architectures - we use Kafka
- Solid experience on Agile Development, Design Patterns, TDD and Gitflow
- Experience with GitLab/Bitbucket
- Experience with Terraform, Newrelic and Kibana
- Experience in C#, .Net Core and/or NodeJS
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Client
- Experience in Angular 5+
- Knowledge of payment gateways
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.