Technology Business Consultant Senior
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
What you will be doing:
• Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
• Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects.
• Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology or regulations related to system design, enhancement and acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
• Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
• Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
• Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
• Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site.
• Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check work of less experienced business systems analysts and technology business consultants.
• May play a key role in training client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting depending on number in audience and client preference.
• May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
• In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
• Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology
• Knowledge of application architecture
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
• Proficiency in at least one appropriate application programming language
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests