Transaction Monitoring Lead
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting to the Operations Manager for Malaysia, this newly created role will own Transaction Monitoring for Airwallex’s operations in Malaysia. This team leader is expected to drive standards in transaction monitoring and sanctions screening through TM risk assessment completion, rule tuning, segmentation, and profiling to ensure our current and future customers have a seamless experience across all of Airwallex’s product suite -- all while protecting Airwallex from financial and reputational risk. We expect you to have strong attention to detail and to develop and apply a comprehensive understanding of AML/CTF related functions.
What you'll do
- Understand the regulatory landscape and compliance requirements to further improve our investigations and rules.
- Analyse and investigate patterns and trends.
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet team and company goals.
- Point of escalation and responsible for stakeholder management.
- Conduct investigation on suspicious transactions.
- Ensure adherence to Local and Global Compliance policies and procedures.
- Lead and inspire a team of transaction monitoring analysts, including remote team members for other regions.
Who you are
- A natural leader - You have strong leadership skills that enable you to influence and motivate those around you.
- Extremely curious - Your analytical skills are second to none and excel gets you excited.
- Process Driven - You enjoy following and creating procedures to ensure an efficient and well-documented process.
- A team player - But you enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working with a team.
- A master prioritiser - You use your sound judgement to assess all of the tasks at hand and make the decision on the order in which you complete each task.
- You have an investigative nature - you know when to dive a little deeper to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it. You ask the right questions and make risk-based decisions.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of compliance experience working in a transaction monitoring function, financial crimes management, AML investigations, or other relevant experience; AICB, CAMS or CFE certifications strongly preferred
- Process-oriented experience requiring meticulous attention to detail and deep investigative skills with well-honed written and verbal communications; bank or fintech experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of managing personal performance against objective targets and using data and analytics to make decisions
- People leadership experience - experience in managing a team of analysts is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, SQL knowledge highly preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime