Sr. Database Automation Engineer/DBaaS Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role is part of Platform as a Service (PaaS) organization, where you will be focused on developing DB as a Service (DBaaS) offerings and database reliability enhancement solutions. In addition, you will have opportunity to manage the complete lifecycle of databases and gain deeper understanding of multiple database technologies.
This includes, but is not limited to following:
- Develop API’s for Database as a Service Offerings
- Develop Python/Perl/Shell scripts for DB automation.
- Develop solutions to enhance database reliability
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the best practices, architectural guidelines and policies.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements
- Work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of software development experience with programming languages like Java, C++, GO
- Strong Python/Perl scripting skill and experience in tools like Ansible
- Any experience developing Database-as-a-Service offerings will be a plus
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL & Oracle database fundamentals and Architecture and overall familiarity with SQL and NOSQL databases
- Any experience managing PostgreSQL & Oracle databases (including Oracle RAC) preferred
- Any experience with logical & physical replication for PostgreSQL and Oracle database will be plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git
- Any contribution to PostgreSQL community will be a plus
- Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions