Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Data Platform (APAC - Remote)
About the role
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers for our Reliability group:
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They are reliability engineers that build tools and infrastructure with other teams within the Data Platform to leverage and encourage consistency. They champion reliability across shared platform infrastructure. Think DevOps for Data.
- Data reliability engineers ensure that data flows through the platform on time and as expected. They ensure data services are performing according to service level objectives, that all systems have service level indicators, and if those systems fall below their objectives, recovery is swift.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software backend engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale with reliability metrics as a default.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with deployments of of distributed compute engines (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Measuring Query latencies, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business