Sr. Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
About the Role
The Sr. Software Engineer would be a part of Visa’s Cloud Packaging team responsible for automation of standard products & tools used across the company. The role requires creating and managing software packages which includes adhering to standard practices of software development, designing and implementing systematic solutions and closely working with SMEs from requirement gathering stage all the way up to production release.
This position is for someone who has loves coding/scripting and automation in general and likes to solve challenging problems. Looking for a self-motivated individual with good software development skills and solid expertise with scripting/coding. Experience in working on Chef/Ansible/Terraform is a plus point.
You will be responsible for working with several teams to get your tasks accomplished; so good communication skills is necessary. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. The role demands problem solving and hence good debugging skills would be very helpful. The candidate should also be able to learn and pick up new scripting languages and technologies.
- Develop, test and maintain code/scripts/packages for Visa's Cloud team. Coding must adhere to all security standards and should be easily maintainable.
- Gather and analyze requirements, design solutions and finally implement it using the standard practices.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within the team as well as with members from other teams.
- Collaborate with SMEs, QA team and support teams to ensure we have zero defect code for the requested automation.
- Understand and enhance coding guidelines and participate in peer code review processes
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Ability to learn new skills, languages and frameworks as and when required.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to best practices, standards and processes
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Good experience with writing scripts in Python/Perl/Ruby/Bash/PowerShell.
- Work experience or knowledge of Chef/Ansible/Terraform is a plus.
- Strong hold over Unix/Linux command line.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions