Senior Business Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re passionate about helping banks to perform better, so we solely focus on creating banking software. Temenos offers cloud-native, cloud-agnostic, API-first digital banking, core banking, payments, fund management, and wealth management software products, enabling banks to deliver consistent, frictionless customer journeys and achieve market-leading cost/income performance. Our products combine the richest end-to-end packaged country model bank functionality and the most advanced technology, helping our clients go-live faster, giving them the freedom to innovate and deliver personalized experiences.
We are technology first, with 700+ published APIs, we partner with 100+ Fintechs in our marketplace. We have been recognized year after year by Gartner, IBS, and Forrester for our award-winning solutions.
Temenos is the 4th largest European Software company, with over 3000 clients in 150 countries. We are proud of our 7500+ Temenosians working across the globe to make banking better!
The Senior Business Consultant is responsible for providing high level of functional application and banking support and expertise in one or more banking areas (Retail, Trade Finance, Treasury, Credits, Accounting, etc.) throughout all functional stages of TEMENOS products implementation projects. The Senior Business Consultant focuses especially on more complex functional issues, and provides guidance and coaching to less experienced Business Consultants.
- Focus on more complex functional problems, generally without day-to-day supervision or direction.
- Provide guidance and advice to less experienced consultants in case of complex functional issues during the implementation and client relationships development.
- Has strong proficiency in the tools, systems, procedures that are used to accomplish the job.
- Analyze client business requirements and relate them to TEMENOS products capability.
- Identify and validate any gaps together with proposals for their resolution (e.g. workarounds or changes in processes) and ensure any solutions proposed are realistic and within the agreed scope of the project.
- Define and validate customization needs for TEMENOS products as per agreed business definitions.
- Accountable for writing of specifications, if and when needed, for local development and ensure Technical Consultants have a clear understanding of these specifications.
- Prepare and perform the configuration of TEMENOS products through the definition of static and semi-static data for the installation of the core system.
- Prepare and perform the functional testing to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Make recommendations on best banking practices to the Project Manager and alert him on practices that might damage the client’s business or contradict legal requirements, before recognition as a problem by the client.
- Conduct parts or all of the User training in a subject, which includes design, customization and update of Training Materials and Handouts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in banks or banking software consultancy.
- In depth understanding of financial and banking processes, like Credits, Accounting, Treasury, MI, Asset Management, Securities, Trade Finance, Retail.
- Experience in writing functional software specifications
- Good verbal and written communication skills, good presentation and problem solving skills and the ability to work well with client.
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated team player who works best in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong analytical skills, organized, process driven and detail-oriented.
- Extensive travel entailed and may necessitate extended stays from home/office
You will work at the cutting edge of technology innovation; we challenge the status quo and are transforming banking every day.
- You will experience in a fast-paced environment, ambitious team; we look forwards and continuously strive to be the best.
- You will be part of a team that values integrity; we support each other and keep our promises.
- You will be able to work freely, flexibly and true to your authentic self; we champion diversity.
- You will be joining a global and diverse family that works together through the good times and bad; we care deeply about each other and our clients.
- You will experience what we call – Temenosity!
We value applications from people from all walks of life; if you are excited to be part of our journey and want to make a real impact, we would love to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Banking Software Company