Strategy and Corporate Development Manager - 12 month contract
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
12-month Maternity Leave Contract. Potential to go permanent.
The purpose of the Corporate Strategy function at Tyro is to drive enhanced and sustainable organisational value. It does this by having responsibility for setting corporate strategic direction; identifying, evaluating and executing on organic and inorganic strategic growth opportunities (inclusive of M&A); supporting business partners in executing high priority projects; and, informing strategic choices through competitive and market intelligence activities.
This hire will play a key part in driving the strategy forward by evaluating business and partnership growth opportunities, driving the execution and integration of growth projects, supporting the execution of key company-wide CEO-sponsored projects and researching and analysing industry trends and participants.
The team operates similarly to an internal consultancy, meaning you will have deep experience in rigorous financial analysis and market research to drive strategy, and be comfortable workshopping with and presenting to the executive leadership team. You will bring creativity and rigour to the organisational planning and prioritisation process. You will have experience evaluating and executing on build-buy-ally decisions.
You will love structured problem-solving and articulating recommendations but you understand that it’s through communication and relationships that things get done. You are someone who possesses drive and enthusiasm to make a difference, especially to the lives of SMEs in Australia, not just to get the ‘right’ answer.
- Recommend and justify quantitatively and qualitatively preferred strategic options to the executive team and other senior stakeholders.
- Take a lead role in corporate development initiatives, evaluating opportunities quantitatively and qualitatively and then working closely with other key stakeholders on deal execution and subsequent implementation.
- Manage cross-functional internal and external teams on strategic project execution.
- Help structure complex negotiations with external and internal parties, including the review and drafting of transaction documentation.
- Continuously monitor market trends and the competitive landscape to help identify new business opportunities, with the ability to effectively share insights with key stakeholders.
- Frequent interaction and influence with all major disciplines across the firm especially: Office of the CEO, Product, Finance, Risk and Customer.
- Support the communication of strategy to a wide-variety of key stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience
- An honest, values-led and easy-going individual who enjoys working in a small, close-knit team and getting their hands dirty.
- Ability to perform and/or oversee financial analysis, valuations and business casing.
- Experience in M&A transactions from initial negotiations and term sheeting, through to due diligence, transaction documentation and integration execution.
- Ability to naturally lead conversations at the most senior levels and independently drive high profile initiatives, strategic planning and analysis.
- Excellent research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Passion for and experience in the fundamentals of the financial technology industry, particularly payments or banking.
- Understanding of the fundamentals behind strategy and planning at a corporate-level.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently and with a high degree of autonomy.
- 4+ years at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank/PE/VC, in-house corporate strategy team, or other relevant work experience preferable.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking