PayMe Digital Product Manager - Wealth & Personal Banking
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Some Careers Grow Faster Than Others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC’s wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a PayMe Digital Product Manager.
- Leveraging consumer insights for proposition development and design and build customer facing digital products make all decisions based on application of data, metrics and test results from customer reactions to tailor content, digital marketing and customer interactions to improve ROI and customer returns for the proposition
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating / ‘grooming’ product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria
- The role holder has primary responsibility for ensuring the proposition features are best in class, simple, easy to use and differentiating
- The role holder will act as executive sponsor for the development of digital capabilities and functionality within their stream
- Responsible for creatively solving the problems within their stream using both internal and external solutions such as OCR tech for streamlining processes and using APIs for processing/obtaining supplementary data
- Role holder will understand several horizons of product development and should be at any one time able to articulate the product roadmap for short term and the long term product vision
- Help in ensuring everything in the product is modularized in such a way that it can be plugged into the wider excosystem via APIs
- Bring a small team together to developer using the DevOps methodology with no clear divide between business people and IT people
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of how the latest trends in data science & AI can improve business outcomes and UX
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written) a must, with Chinese (both simplified and traditional) preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience leading agile projects as a product owner, business analyst, and/or scrum master
- Experience in either digital payments, commerce or marketing a must
- Full understand of APIs and the value they create in connecting to the wider ecosystem
- Ability to work with many parties both internal and external to the bank
- Strong Analytical and Presentation skills
- Experience with building consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Thorough understanding of needs discovery vs assumptions based solutioning
- Deep understanding of agile delivery principles and quality software engineering processes and practices
- Hands-on experience leading product development teams (UX designers, software engineers and QA engineers) on projects that touch a range of technical platforms (digital, mainframe, server based etc)
- Strong understanding of Digital business, while experience with travel, lifestyle, and/or other consumer product development is a strong advantage
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen
- Proven ability to build strong relationship across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation
- Customer focussed, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines
- Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Opening up a world of opportunity for our customers, investors, ourselves and the planet.