Business Development Lead
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
About the Role
Riskified is growing our Business Development team and looking for its first feet on the ground. This is a great opportunity to join an established, well-funded FinTech Company that is experiencing intense high-growth. You will be one of the first employees in Riskified’s Melbourne office and play a key role in our Australian expansion strategy.
This is not your typical Business Development opportunity. At Riskified, you’ll be generating and nurturing leads with enterprise and Fortune 500 companies through creative and strategic research as well as networking.
Very successful candidates are able to identify a target’s needs and decision makers and then tailor their outreach accordingly. More than anything, we are seeking bright, driven people to join us and help drive revenue and make a direct impact on Riskified’s growth. If you’re the type of person who likes to figure out where problems exist and then solve them and take on unique challenges, we’d love to learn more about you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Generate quality sales opportunities through proactive, strategic prospecting and networking
- Manage all sales opportunities - Create and execute a multi-faceted prospecting plan through research, cold outreach (calling and email), leveraging personal networks and following up on marketing generated leads
- Research industries and individual companies to find the best targets and establish and develop and nurture relationships with representatives at target companies through a variety of mediums
- Apply proven sales approaches and techniques developed internally at Riskified
- Identify prospects’ key questions and pain-points
- Work closely with our marketing team to generate quality demand generation
- Represent Riskified at industry events in Australia, and at times other countries within APAC
- Identify partnership opportunities for Riskified in Australia, and constantly highlight new necessities in the region in order to improve the Company’s presence in the region
- Work as part of team with Account Executives and other company resources to win new clients for Riskified
- 3-5 years professional B2B tech sales/ BD experience / management consultancy experience - MUST
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sales oriented and highly motivated
- Good analytical & research skills and ability to use both in an effective and relevant way in a sales process
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable and able to build relationships with prospects
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment with minimum supervision
- Experience in payments and / or eCommerce - an advantage
- Technical experience - an advantage
- Consulting background - an advantage
- Additional languages - an advantage
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling Global eCommerce