This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Java Software EngineerJob Description:
PayPal Payments team is looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer.
This position involves full-time hands-on development in a scrum team of 6-8 engineers. The person is expected to be highly competent technically and able to collaborate well with product and architecture teams. This is exciting engineering work with a significant impact on delivering business goals.
- Development and testing of high-quality product features spanning multiple product domains.
- Work with engineering managers, architects, engineers & QA to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs w.r.t functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementations schedules and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other software engineers.
- Identify areas of technical improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities.
- Adhere to best of class coding and design standards.
- Ensure all deliverables adhere to the timelines, quality and performance
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals individually as well as a team.
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- You have 3 to 6 years of hands-on development experience.
- You have extensively used Java, Junit, Jmeter, Maven, Git and Sonar in development in the last three years.
- You have developed high-traffic front or backend services for a real customer-facing web site.
- You have worked in a scrum team for at least a year and practice agile methodologies faithfully.
- You have (designed and) implemented REST APIs, web services and SOA components.
- You have effectively used OO-design and design patterns in your work.
- You have developed code using SQL and NoSQL solutions.
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- You have coached junior engineers, advocated good coding practices, process adherence and continuous improvement in these areas.
- You have been in a project requiring you to effectively collaborate with remote teams across geographies and time zones.
- You have preferably worked in a payments or finance-related industry before.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal