Segment Manager, Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
As the Segment Manager responsible for Engineering, in one of MYOB's original and vital Verticals, you’ll understand our customers deeply which will allow you to play a lead role in designing and driving the segments engineering strategy. You will help build and deliver outstanding products and experiences for the segment and it's customers.
You will play a key role in leading Delivery & Engineering Managers and their teams in the development and delivery of software features for our customers and our business platform.
In this newly created role you will also be involved in the following :
- Work closely with senior leadership in the broader vertical, using your vision, creativity and pragmatism, to define, prioritise and drive our strategic business objectives within the context of a customer segment.
- Explore and be ahead of the latest in groundbreaking technology, bringing your commercial nous on how MYOB and the Segment can benefit from the best engineering practices;
- Be an innovative and inspiring leader, willing to take action while providing clear focus and direction for your delivery teams
- Ensure that the team’s structure and ways of working are aligned with the segment, vertical, and MYOB’s strategy and positioned for long term success;
- Play a significant role as a leader of leaders, driving high employee engagement and coaching and mentoring your teams.
The experience we'd love you to bring
- Highly developed management and leadership skills in an engineering environment, with extensive experience balancing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching/mentoring, critical thinking, facilitation, change leadership, and team development
- Proven experience in managing high performance development capabilities, utilising agile methodologies
- Experience working in complex system architectures, including both web and smart client technology
- Experience in cloud platform & product development and operations
- Ability to attract and retain talent and to engage large teams
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, partners and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate;
- Experience in identifying and delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet strategic and tactical operational requirements;
- Love and passion for what you do, shown in your delivery.
What makes this role exciting
- New role at MYOB with the opportunity to build and drive a collaborative team that has customer at the centre of everything
- Great flexible working culture
- Work on state-of-the-art technologies
- Plenty of benefits like MacBook or Laptop (your choice), great parental leave policy, access to exclusive discounts, wellness and mindfulness programs and lots more
- Drive your own learning, attend conferences of your choice and learn from the leaders around you
- Opportunity to progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more