Corporate Development Strategy Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Founded in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally, headquartered in Hong Kong. In today’s fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. To achieve our mission, we have built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform that offers extensive coverage across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies. Our platform enables businesses operating globally to transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency without the constraints of the current global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become one of Hong Kong’s fintech unicorns and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our innovation and scale have been further recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, you will work in a high caliber team, interacting with many different parts of the organization such as Product, Sales and Finance with direct C-level stakeholder exposure. As an integral part of the Strategy and Corporate Development team, you will play a dual role in driving Airwallex’s key investment / corp dev and strategy projects.
- Have the opportunity to shape the strategy and direction of Airwallex through corporate development projects including investments, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Analyze where to deploy resources and develop partnership, investment, and/or acquisition strategies to drive long term strategic value
- Evaluate white space business, product, and market opportunities in the ecosystem
- Work with executives on fundraising activities and investor communication
- Develop operating and financial models to support business case
- Execute transactions that will have a material impact on the business
- Lead high impact strategic projects end-to-end, including (but not limited to) post merger integrations, new market launch strategy and new product launch GTM
- Structure key problems to be solved within each strategic project, including gathering required baseline data to determine prioritisation of key tasks / issues
- Drive cross-functional stakeholder engagement including broader communication to senior management on progress and impact of initiatives
- A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies
- Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on
- Someone who consistently “goes the extra mile” in your work
- Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- Someone with the ability to synthesize and communicate in a simple but effective manner to stakeholders and senior management
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in top-tier strategy/management consulting, investment banking or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills essential
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required, ability to create and manage financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime