Principal Solutions Consultant - Retail, Cards, and Digital Payments Solutions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
The Principal Pre-sales Consultant for Retail Payments will be responsible in discovering requirements and identifying product functionality by utilizing product, technical, and industry knowledge to develop and recommend comprehensive solutions for banking clients. This includes covering all pre-sales services to current and prospective clients, distributors, and partners to facilitate and enable sales, deployment and support of our client’s products and services through effective teamwork with the rest of the organization.
(S)He will work collaboratively at a high level with internal and external customers in Sales, Product Strategy, Development, etc. to optimize and leverage any product/sales capabilities and build them into the short- and long-term pre-sales strategy
What you will be doing
- Drive the consultative selling process based on a strong understanding our clients’ payments business and operating metrics, as well as their technology investment objectives which drive capital spend and operating expense,
- Design the alignment of client objectives to our solutions in order to deliver the most impactful value propositions for our clients,
- Achieve a mastery of our products and solutions in order to effectively position and present our services with prospective and current customers including being able to carry a conversation with the necessary level of functional, system architecture, technology knowledge,
- Obtain a very strong understanding of our solution offerings, practices and services in order to represent our solutions and understand client requirements in context,
- Produce proposals and presentations to prospects and leads with regards to technical compatibility and feasibility, and when required, contribute to the development of the pre-sales strategy.
- Be an authority internally on payments,
- Work with sales, product, solutions, business teams internally to influence or shape go to market strategies, execution strategy, market development plans, marketing plans, PR campaigns,
- Attend, present and help with marketing activities,
- Work closely with sales and presales staff at every stage of sales pursuits from qualification until contracting,
- Stay current with Retail, Cards, and Digital Payment market trends and observe functional and technical changes and advances,
- Providing stakeholders with direction and decision-making framework for Retail Payments Software.
- Supporting sales team with RFP/Tender responses and proposal including being responsible for and/or contributing to the structured and unstructured pursuit material as necessary.
What you bring
- Business, Project implementation, Solutions, Pre-sales and sales focused on Retail, Cards, and Digital Payments
- 12-15 years’ experience of which minimum 8 years in retail payments and consulting and/or payments pre-sales gained from Fintech companies or consultancy firm in the banking and financial industry.
- Experience in a Pre-Sales customer facing role, dealing with C-level stakeholders, having strong project management skills within the payment industry and knowledge of different products and services within retail payments.
- Mandatory experience in the banking software/financial services industry with strong technical and business knowledge on Retail, Cards, & Payments, Digital Payments, Switching, acquiring, issuing and other payments
- Strong understanding on banking and financial industry’s operations and business delivery.
- Fluent in business and technology consulting – knowledge of methodologies, delivery management and commercial acumen.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests