Manager, AML Policy & Program Management
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is committed to combating Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing, and related financial crimes around the world. The Global Financial Crimes (GFC) organization is comprised of specialized teams dedicated to developing and implementing effective policies, advanced analytics and thorough investigative processes that consider the risks posed by PayPal’s products, customers, transaction volumes and jurisdictions in which PayPal operates.
GFC is seeking an experienced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF) professional with knowledge of AML/CTF regulations applicable to PayPal’s Tokyo Branch operations in Japan. The successful candidate will partner closely with Risk and Compliance Officers (RCOs), the Regional Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), and other PayPal leaders to help ensure adherence to Japanese AML/CTF requirements while continuing to support the global AML/CTF framework.Job Description:
● Maintaining expert knowledge of AML/CTF regulations and market practices applicable to PayPal’s Tokyo Branch operations, including regulatory expectations and standards of Japan’s Ministry of Finance, Financial Services Agency, etc.
● Developing a deep understanding of PayPal’s product suite globally, enterprise financial crimes controls, and AML policies and procedures, and ensure Tokyo Branch operations are consistent with global AML policies and standards
● Regularly reviewing AML/CTF-related reporting (metrics and regulatory disclosures) to identify key trends, areas of opportunity and to generally stay abreast of critical program metrics and insights
● Participating in regional AML forums to share best practices, case studies and trends
● Providing onsite and/or remote support for internal audits, regulatory exams, and partner due diligence reviews
● Providing expert advisory service to internal stakeholders on AML policy and procedures related to KYC and EDD requirements for merchants operating in higher risk industries
• The successful candidate will hold a minimum 8 years of AML compliance experience, with demonstrable knowledge of AML regulations in Japan.
• Professional-level Japanese language skills are required.
• A college degree and relevant experience at a financial institution or payments company is preferred.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills with stakeholders in a large geographically-dispersed organization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal