Software Engineer - Payments/FX
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stake is looking for a Software Engineer (Payments/FX) to join our team in Sydney. Stake is more than a brokerage, we’re a global brand that stands for progress. This is true for our customers but also for our team members.
Stake is changing the game in share trading. We make it simple and cost-effective to buy and sell US listed shares – opening up the US stock market to those outside the US like never before. We are growing quickly and have expanded outside of Australia to New Zealand, United Kingdom and Brazil. This role is an opportunity to work towards the Stake mission of providing seamless access to global investment opportunities to everyone.
Stake offers an exciting working environment where everyone is challenged to work with a focus on high-quality execution. It’s collaborative and high energy. It’s a supportive environment where people are encouraged to take ownership, try things and grow from them. Our internal mantra is ‘never settle’ and we all share an ambition to do whatever it takes to grow this business forward. This is your opportunity to join a global brand rocketing forward and a team hungry to shake up a category.
So if you’re a passionate person who’s looking to join a team that shares these values and are laser-focused on building something epic; Stake is for you.
About This Role
You will plan, design and deliver a scalable mobile/web application enabling Stake to scale globally across Asia, Europe and Latin-America. Our developers take ownership, work collaboratively and challenge each other to build best in class payment and research solutions. You will build highly available and maintainable systems, and have your say in how to architect solutions to solve customer problems.
In Particular, You Will
- Deliver significant enhancements in payment functionality to Stake customers;
- Develop across the entire product stack using technologies such as Java, Python, SQL/Postgres;
- Contribute to a high availability/security DevOps culture using technologies such as Terraform, Packer, CircleCI and NGINX in an AWS environment. This is a great opportunity to implement new CI/CD strategies for a multi region product;
- Have the freedom to implement suitable technologies to solve particular challenges associated with global expansion;
- Manage software products in a fast growing business.
A Bit About You
- You're a hands on problem solver. Financial markets are complex and require creativity to provide a great customer experience whilst maintaining accuracy, compliance and availability.
- You have experience with Java (or similar) SQL/Postgres and building RESTful APIs. Understanding of running within a Linux environment and comfortable on the Linux command line;
- You have some experience with one of AWS, GCP or Azure and understand of how modern web applications are structured end-to-end.
Let us know if you also have the following experiences but if you don't, we'll show you the ropes!
- You understand FX/banking rails or have previous experience integrating payment gateways;
- You have an interest in finance or the markets. Can be a curious interest or a lifelong passion;
- You have some experience working on multi-region products or in the financial services sector;
- You have built end to end applications. You understand how a modern web service is constructed, and you have experience beyond maintaining existing code.
- You have experience with security and you know best practices.
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply and let us know why in your cover letter!
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan that reflects Stake’s high performance culture and recognises that employees aren’t only contributors to the business but are owners of Stake’s success
- An annual discretionary performance bonus (cash or options)
- More to come as we grow!
Stake is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We aim at providing an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it as much attention as it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. If we think you will be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there, you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Wall St | Now You're Trading