This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Over the past few years, we at Tyro have been building a robust and reliable data platform using cloud native technology to help drive internal decision making.
The Data Team's primary responsibility is the care and feeding of the organisation’s data warehouse. A diverse set of integrations extract and transform from both on-prem and cloud systems to build the centralised and curated warehouse that is used by a range of internal users from Finance, Sales, Risk, Product, Data Science and others. Along with the data warehousing work, the team is also working closely with the Data Product team. Opportunities in the past have been working with the data science team to help build and productionise machine learning models, as well as help provide alternatives to running manual and ad-hoc workloads.
We are looking for a strong data engineer to join the existing team, help shape the future of data at Tyro, and share their learnings from previous problems and pitfalls.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining the data infrastructure CI/CD pipelines
- Automating builds and deployments pipelines of artefacts and infrastructure using Hashicorp Terraform and Buildkite
- Working on the R&D of novel solutions to Tyro's data problems as part of a cross-functional team including engineers, analysts and product
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Living a real agile experience and being in control of your fate; contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
Requirements for success
- Experience with data warehouse design and development; We use Snowflake, but any data warehousing technology is welcomed
- Experience with something around the ETL pipeline development and robustness / resilience
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams to help design and architect data solutions.
What you bring to the team
- Experience with Cloud-based development and DevOps practices (AWS, ECS, ECR, S3, Lambda, SageMaker, Glue etc)
- Experience with data streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Flink)
- Strong software development skills with testing and security in mind
- Passion to help shape the data journey at Tyro
- Interest in AI and machine learning
- Experience with dashboards and reporting (e.g. Tableau)
- Demonstrated ability to work with data consumers, analysts and product development teams.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking