Frontend Engineer - Zip Business
Zip is a high-growth tech unicorn, building products that millions of consumers use to manage their spending, and that process billions of dollars in payments annually for our merchant partners.
Founded in Sydney and scaling globally, we have ambitious goals to revolutionise the consumer payments experience, and to improve our customers’ lives by giving them freedom to better control their finances.
Central to this goal is our Engineering team, who work side-by-side with our Product team and use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to solve the fascinating engineering problems our fast growth, aggressive roadmap and global scale creates.
We strive to create high-quality software and deliver at a high pace. Ensuring trust and psychological safety is important to enable our engineers to take risks, learn from failures and enjoy productive conflict to make better decisions.
This role sits within the Zip Business team, which has been created to empower small businesses to leverage the flexible payment experience Zip offers everywhere. The Zip Business team is a relatively new team, and functions like a start-up within a start-up. Like the rest of Zip, it’s exceptionally fast-paced, but with the advantage of being small and nimble
The core purpose of this Front End Engineer role is to fulfill core engineering requirements for go-to-market campaigns, landing pages, implementation and maintenance of our analytics technology stack. Working with the Zip Business Growth team you will also collaborate closely with Zip’s marketing engineering and MarTech teams to build and maintain services and platforms related to growth. You should be somebody with a passion for the front end and great UI but are also comfortable leaning into back end services code when required.
In this role you will
- Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
- Launch static pages through our current CMS tools, Contentful and WordPress
- Work on implementing and improving our tracking code which covers, attribution and user acquisition
- Build and support micro sites and integrations such as our partner and campaign pages
- Support our back end services that drive growth such as Braze event streaming/batching
- Be a strong advocate and at the forefront of continuous improvement when it comes to marketing tech, campaign tracking and performance reporting
- Promote best practice standards in terms of speed and accessibility and SEO standards on the web
- 2+ years' experience working as a software engineer in an agile environment
- Experience with ES6 and Typescript
- ReactJS, Angular 8+, although Vue and other web frameworks / libraries are also appreciated
- An understanding of modern software architecture
- Strong HTML, CSS and an understanding of UX and UI
Bonus points for
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with SASS
- Commercial experience with Contentful
- Experience with PHP, specifically WordPress
- Exposure to AWS services
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.