Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to further grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions. We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Australia team. You will report to the Head of Account Management in Australia and can be based anywhere on the East Coast of Australia and work from home, or in our Melbourne office.
Working with your Lead, you will be an experienced account manager (specifically upselling and cross-selling existing customers), able to understand the unique challenges and opportunities for account management in Australia, and help promote long-term success for existing Sellers on Square. You will partner with local and global Square operational teams to help shape processes, systems, and metrics to ensure excellence in account management in Australia. You will also work on high impact projects for the Account Management team in Australia.
- Identify and prospect existing sellers through our data science model.
- Grow and retain a multi-million dollar portfolio of Australian based sellers
- Understand customer needs, and Australian market trends, to ensure Account Management and Square is delivering remarkable solutions to our sellers
- Cross sell and upsell products and features through discovery, education and product onboarding support
- Address customer concerns and issues to strengthen client relationships
- Work with the account management global working group by sharing seller insights, recommendations, operational needs and growth opportunities in Australia
- Work with Square teams (Sales, Product, Marketing) in Australia and the US to help uncover and surface product insights
- Use Square's value propositions to negotiate custom pricing with micro, SMB and strategic size sellers
- Achieve (exceed) targets - revenue outputs, inputs, customer satisfaction, and operational goals
- Sales experience (specifically upselling and cross-selling existing customers) in a metrics-driven, high-growth sales organisations
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities, managing a pipeline and building client relationships to achieve revenue targets
- Interest in business operations and strategy
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM tools
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work with internal Square teams and departments at all levels
- Knowledge about how new technologies can help better serve small and medium size businesses in Australia
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Australia
- Experience in high transaction volume SaaS application or financial services sales
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.