Backend Engineer, Payments, GFG
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to know our Team:
The GFG VN Engineering team is responsible for building safe, secure and high throughput payments primitives. We own a range of platform primitive components such as, but not limited to, Wallet, Reconciliation Engine and API Gateway. We take pride in building distributed systems that have a real impact on the lives of millions of users in our endeavour to out-serve the underserved population.
Get to know the Role:
Grab Financial Group is building a product team to build its own custom payment gateway/payment processing system. Some of the key objectives of this team are to build tokenizing capability for credit cards, holding of tokens (our own and gateway’s), routing of transactions to different payment processors, etc.
As such, we are seeking talented and passionate Engineers to join our team, you will have opportunities to work on multiple backend service clusters. It is very important that our team members take initiative to identify problems, and have the right mindset and skill sets to solve them.
The day-to-day activities:
- Write various API’s and backend business processing logic with the cutting edge GO language to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of GFG’s range of services
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code and ensure the quality of the code for the whole project
- Develop and maintain backend components and services
- Implement unit, functional and performance tests
- Request and conduct code reviews
- Use and promote the company development standards
- Write and maintain technical documentation relevant to the project
- Participate in planning and estimation of effort to implement, test and maintain features
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain high development standards
The must haves:
- Working knowledge of building back end systems around DBMS, Caches, NoSQL, Web and App servers.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, Java/Groovy or Go are preferred.
- You grok Web technologies, distributed systems and distributed design patterns.
- Proficient in fundamentals of CS such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Operating Systems etc.,
- Looking for folks with at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience in building consumer facing products is highly desired.
- Prior experience in building OLTP systems is highly desired but not required.
- Curiosity to learn new concepts.
- Experience in Payments, Card Management System is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us