Senior Business Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Programs/Projects generally are technical in nature with a primary focus on development-related projects and delivery of software to external clients.
Represents a key member of the scrum/development team. Responsible for gathering requirements, requirement elicitation, grooming user stories, prepare BA artefacts and system verifications. It is also the responsibility of the senior BA to guide the development team through the requirements to make sure implementation is in-line with the client requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Active engagement with clients/product owner to gather business requirements.
- Groom the product backlog and work with the client/PO to elaborate requirements.
- Engage with the scrum development team on a regular basis to ensure that the requirements are well understood by the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the business feature developed is in-line with client expectation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in domains such as real-time payments, ISO 20022 messages, SWIFT MT/MX, accounting, and reconciliations etc.
- Act as first level of contact for the development team to provide any requirement clarification and assist in making rightful decisions providing functional guidance and mentorship to the technical team.
- Conducting requirement gathering workshops, brain-storming sessions, functional and non-functional requirement analysis sessions, system verification and training.
- Prepare analysis artefacts such as use cases, data modelling, interface specifications etc.
- Perform impact assessment for client requested changes.
What you bring:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level. Preferred criteria also include:
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) certification or similar.
- Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Developer certification or similar.
- Experience working as a business analyst for minimum 7 years.
- Experience working with distributed development team.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and principles (e.g., scrum agile, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation).
- Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- In-depth domain knowledge of payments (real time payments, international payments).
- Knowledge of financial services industry (NPP, RTGS, SWIFT).
- Knowledge of standard financial messaging protocols (ISO20022, SWIFT MT/MX).
- Knowledge of FIS products such as OPF is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of tools such as Enterprise Architect, JIRA is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, REST is an added advantage.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests