Senior Software Engineer (Big Data)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The Loyalty & Marketing Service team is part of Visa's Data Product Development (DPD) group. Their mission is to enable technology and solutions to manage marketing and loyalty programs that help increase transaction volumes for issuers and merchants, helping them to grow their business with solutions that enable issuers, acquirers and merchants of all sizes to deliver targeted offers and rewards to Visa cardholders. As a Software Engineer at Visa on the DPD group, you will be responsible for helping to build their data platform that aids various payments technologies. You will be working a small team of developers, doing deep hands on work, working on Big Data products that provides insights to business at the speed of thought using predictive analytics on Big Data.
This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills. The candidate will be working with a small team of developers and will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be a good learner and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack.
- Understand end to end product and deliver on the module you are working; on time, with high quality in an agile team by owning design, development and testing.
- Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery, production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with the team members and other stakeholders. .
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Instill best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD in computer science or related field.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) in computer science or related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimised for building highly distributed systems
- 3 or more years of experience in building large scale applications using open source technologies. Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base or equivalent
- Full Stack Software Development experience in of large scale mission critical applications.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem – Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka etc.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions Spark streaming, Kafka, NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions