This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Compliance Team works to protect Square, Square Sellers, and promote safe growth across our ecosystem. Square's Australian Compliance Team is looking for a Compliance Specialist to assist with compliance operations within the merchant commerce space. Reporting to the Compliance Lead - Australia, you will perform detailed analysis of customer onboarding and other compliance queues to identify compliance risks. You will analyze and identify non-compliances and take measures to resolve inconsistencies including communicating with Square clients, raising suspicious matter reports and escalating cases.
- Monitor and action Compliance queues and review transactions from client activity;
- Use policies to determine if activities or transactions are non-compliant and should be canceled, deactivated or reported;
- Undertake project work and compliance program enhancements;
- Help develop policies and program;
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines
- Manage escalations through multiple channels (Internal Communication Systems, Customer Relationship Management systems) from partners
- Conduct analysis of transactional and customer activity to link monitor transactions and accounts to for non-compliant activity and report suspicious activity
- Support the disputes process including researching and compiling information\
- Advocate for customers by identifying trends in issues and suggesting improvements to Square processes and products
- Build knowledge of Compliance Risk at Square, and the broader payments industry
- Proactively and positively engage in the team environment and support the compliance team.
- 2 plus years working with AML/CTF Operations
- Experience working in a customer-focused environment, handling multiple projects
- Strong research abilities
- Desire to improve customer experience
- Passion for Square and interest in the technology industry
- Experience working in a finance or risk environment
- ACAM certified
- Relevant tertiary education
- Compliance operations experience
- Fin-tech, Banking or insurance industry experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.