Research and Strategy Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Research and Strategy Manager, you’ll partner with the marketing department, including external-facing teams (e.g. Investor Relations, PR, Comms) to help Afterpay ‘Win with Customers’ and ‘Scale Actionable Insights’ through world-class data & insight.
With a focus on action and driving outcomes, your purpose will be to use research to better understand our customers, and in turn help merchants and other external partners understand more about Afterpay’s customers and the broader Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) industry trends.
This role will be responsible for Afterpay’s Research platform globally, including building out consumer panels, owning survey science and creating best practice.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Strengthen our in-house research team to enable and drive customer-centric decision making, using global best practice for design, methodology, approach and execution.
- Drive our Research work plan globally and ensure relevant stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Public Policy, Comms, Operations and the broader Strategy and Data team are aligned with limited duplication.
- Partner with the Marketing team to unlock insight from qualitative and quantitative data to drive competitor & customer understanding acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success and Operations on leading the Afterpay Merchant and Consumer Experience programs.
- Manage consumer panels with a focus on delivering actionable insights on a regular cadence to the business and to Merchants.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Tertiary degree level qualification essential, with a major in Marketing or Business
- Experience working with customer and marketing research data with a proven track record of delivering actionable insights, recommendations and measurable growth
- Ability to demonstrate product and program ownership and contribution to its creation, development and ongoing management, ideally in a B2C setting
- Ability to translate complex ideas and insight into customer-focused and actionable recommendations
- Conducting consumer research using multivariate analysis, modelling and segmentation to drive robust investment and strategic decisions
- Experience managing multiple markets, stakeholders and priorities
- Deep analytical mindset with great attention to detail
- Solid skills in R (emphasis on RShiny and/or FlexDashboards), Q, SPSS, Stata, Python Biogeme and/or a familiarity with Qualtrics, Medalia or inMoment will be advantageous
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.