Senior Manager, Product Design
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
About Coinbase Design
We are a tight knit team of designers and researchers. We value low-ego collaboration and balancing rigorous product thinking with thoughtfully crafted experiences. As a close partner to Product and Engineering, Coinbase Design team plays a critical role in executing on the company vision. We take on hard user experience problems to deliver delightful and easy-to-use products from very complex technical challenges. You'll help design our flagship products for the largest user base in crypto and define user experiences for entirely new features that the ecosystem has not seen before.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of Product Designers
- Proactively identify blockers, opportunities and improvements to the team’s product area
- Be involved in all decision-making at all project phases for your product area (including planning, strategic, tactical, QA, analysis, decision, shipping and retro)
- Collaborate cross functionally to drive and shape product vision and strategy
- Direct the allocation of resources for the team in the current and following quarter
- Help others grow, including mentoring other designers
- Implement Design working processes for your team
- Organize and document multiple projects and the team’s working in writing
What we look for in you
- 5+ years of professional experience leading a team of designers
- Strong mentorship skills, management experience is a plus
- Experience setting creative direction for consumer-facing products for web and mobile
- Excellence in UX thinking, visual design, and written communication
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with other designers, engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Fluency in Figma and prototyping tools
- Experience driving user research studies
- You are low ego, collaborative, and open minded
- You love transforming complexity into simplicity, and creating order from uncertainty
Nice to haves
- Previous design experience in FinTech
- Familiarity with crypto
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio