Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Software Engineer - Digital Experience Tribe
Ready for a challenge? Opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting retail transformations in Australia.
The Woolworths Group has been focused on the importance of digital and what we need to do to better serve our customers and to create shopping experiences that are personalised, seamless and convenient. In response to this, we have combined our Digital and Loyalty businesses under the new banner of WooliesX. We are creating a new team, with new practices, a modern and dynamic engineering culture and we are investing in the right people and resources to make it possible.
How we roll:
A start-over helping transform our digital practice and disrupt Woolworths and the market, we’re made up of smart people with smart ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional client experiences. We’re resourceful, inventive and willing to experiment; with the autonomy to do things our way which have a real impact. We’re a new team with great work life balance.
Where we play:
WooliesX Hub is only 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new site has been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
At WooliesX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
What are we looking for?
WooliesX are seeking senior Full Stack Software Engineers to join the squads in the Digital Experience Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on consumer facing applications and APIs.
Software Engineers work in a team of 3-5 engineers, Technology Lead, a Product Manager, BA and QAs/test engineers to uplift the online platform that powers Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth plans.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
You orient around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through it’s new tech venture.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with experience dealing with complex problems.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You are keen on what best-in-class engineering looks like.
- You’re involved in the Software Engineering community. You enjoy attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You don’t have to have worked in retail or with a big corporation, but you might have. Or you may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
- Develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs, QAs and other engineers.
- Participate in the technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies.
- Work closely with Tech Leads to design maintainable, robust, secure systems.
- Help more junior software engineers upskill themselves through guidance, advice and knowledge sharing.
We need you to have
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Details oriented mindset.
- Strong understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
And these technical skills
- Excellent .NET skills including C#, .NET Core
- Angular 10+ & RxJS
- Solid experience with WCAG 2.0 AA compliance
- Solid experience in Unit Testing Principles
- Solid experience with REST APIs
- Strong MS SQL Server including performance optimisation
- Strong experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation
- Strong understanding of web security (OWASP TOP10, etc.)
It would be nice if you had experience with:
- Azure experience or another cloud provider (AWS/GCP)
- Developing applications with ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI & ORMs (Entity Framework/Dapper)
- Event streaming, service bus or message queues (Azure Event Hubs/Service Bus, Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Working with Docker containers & Terraform pipelines
- NoSql databases such as MongoDB/CosmosDB/Redis
- Developing applications following microservice architectures
- Server-Side Rendering & other SEO inspired technologies (structured data and schema markup)
- Experience with analytics tracking technologies such as GTM, Tealium, Adobe
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible work from home with your team’s agreement
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- DevX day - quarterly event with high profile guest speakers, prizes, and loads of fun around digital technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday